DANCER | PERFORMER
(©) Ani Antonova
Maartje Pasman,1988 is a Dutch (with Indonesian descents) performer and artist, based in Vienna.
With a background in contemporary dance, she has performed in productions of renowned choreographers like Florentina Holzinger, Georg Blaschke and Joachim Schlömer and has been a member of the companies De Dansers (NL) and Dschungel Wien ensemble (AT) for many years.
Maartje has also performed in numerous pieces for young audiences, which has taken her to festivals and venues around the world, including the Ubumuntu Festival in Rwanda, the ASSITEJ Festival in South Korea, and the Tweetakt Festival in the Netherlands a.o.
She has received recognition for her performances, including the Stella14 Prize for Performing Art as an "outstanding performer" and being a part of productions that were awarded "best outstanding performance for young audiences."
As a freelance artist her artistic collaborations where seen at SCHÄXPIR Festival (AT) and Dschungel Wien (AT) and she worked together with D.ID - Dance Identity (AT), Wiener Konzerthaus/JEUNESSE (AT), hetPALEIS (BE), Stadttheater Konstanz (DE) a.o.
Maartje holds a BA Contemporary Dance from the Amsterdam University of the Arts (2010) and is holder of the danceWEB-scholarship for ImPulsTanzfestival 2018, the Start-Stipendium 2018 from Bundeskanzleramt Österreich, the covid19 Arbeitstipendium 2020 from the City of Vienna and Performance Arbeitsstipendium 2023 from the City of Vienna.
Maartje is part of the collectives körperverstand.tanztheaterwien & tanz.sucht.theater and she is always looking for new artistic ways to create high quality performances for young audiences.
This season (2022/2023) Maartje is working with Holland Opera (NL), M.A.P. Vienna/ Georg Blaschke (AT), Silvia Salzmann (AT) and Dschungel Wien (AT) a.o.
(©) Franzi Kreis
- STELLA Award nomination (2021) "In der Dunkelwelt" as most outstanding youth peformance
- STELLA Award 2019 (AT) "NO EXCUSE" as most outstanding youth peformance
- STELLA Award 2014 (AT) most outstanding performance as a part of the Dschungel Wien Company
- IKARUS 2013 (DE) ROSES as most outstanding youth performance
- Zilveren Krekel 2011 (NL) COUPLE LIKE #2 as most outstanding youth performance
- Arbeitsstipendum 2023 (AT) scholarship MA7, City of Vienna
- Covid 19- Arbeitsstipendium 2020 (AT) scholarship MA, City of Vienna
- danceWEB 2018 (AT) scholarship ImPulsTanz Festival
- STARTstipendium 2018 (AT) scholarship Bundeskanzleramt Österreich (BKA)